This professional promotes, maintains and directly affects the hotel’s brand and overall operational goals and is responsible for directing development and implementation of the hotel’s systems. The VP of Operations is also responsible for residential operations’ business plans for the company’s brands, which can include: operational policies, procedures, guest standards, and the overall culture.
There are six essential skills sets that are required for this role:
- Branding: This role requires someone who understands the true core of the hotel, but knows their exact “DNA” to be able to identify, articulate and create that unique guest experience.
- Vision: It’s all about taking the hotel’s mission or brand and turning it into tangible goals. The right candidate is able to think creatively and develop direct reports to deliver best practices, services, and people through management of service delivery to employees and clients in widely varying markets.
- Leadership: This role must be filled by an experienced professional who has the ability to manage multiple teams in a highly client-facing, service- oriented role.
- Service: A successful hospitality operation is built upon great customer service. The goal of this role is to develop strong relationships with past, current and new customers; and to generate and promote more business through effective service.
- Analysis: This leader should be able to analyze, develop and monitor fiscal budgets to produce short and long term profitability.
We have been watching some exciting and innovative properties coming on to the scene in New York City. Making a bold statement in the city are: SLS New York, Viceroy New York, the Quin and the Refinery Hotel.
The main objective in a search for a Vice President of Operations is to identify and recruit someone who can achieve revenue growth as well as corporate, guest, franchisee, and customer satisfaction. This role needs to be filled by someone who can maintain and have a true understanding of industry trends. Marshal-Allan Associates are uniquely qualified to help you find the right talent and top executives to lead the management team in hotels in the United States, Europe, Asia and South America.